The quiet after the storm

















I’m startled by the light and flashing,
for a moment it’s very bright and clear
as if the dark was swallowed,
I see it fine now in this head of mine,

keeping my breath up I still count
and shrink by the unexpected,
the outbreak of a cracking thunder,
in my ear beats fiercely a hammer,

the roof groans under the hauling
and the wildly shaking of the wind,
my heart is imitating the batter
and as a fool gets out of whack,

so it bangs too hard and it also whips,
hail is jumping out of the gutters,
the water pours with streams
out of my eyes, the fear is flowing,

the trees bent humbly for the squalls,
some won’t do and crackle in shatters,
from branch and leaves undressed,
the naked truth so close and near,
                                                                                                           

at the horizon, shines a light of hope
the calm sea after turbulent waves,
the unreal quiet after the storm,
again in your arms, I’m safe to heal.

© Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere
23/10/2014



Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Chateau Rouge: Deel 12