Traveling around the World















I’ve travelled everywhere but mostly in my head
through beautiful pictures on glossy paper
of places with piles of blinding white snow
and sand or salt on the plains and rocks of all sorts

I’ve sailed in front of the great waterfalls of Iguazú
admired the Devils Mouth under the moonlight
looked at colourful birds in the trees by the water
and listened to the toucan, the trogon and macaw                                 
I’ve seen the red sunset down in the Moon Valley
over the great plains of Ischigualasto and Talampaya
digging out dinosaurs with my hands in the sand
slept alongside with the mummies from the Inca

I’ve swum between humpback whales and penguins
fed the giant albatrosses on the continent of Antarctica
looked on the fingers of the sea lion and crab eaters
sat on the broad-shouldered back of the cachalot

Above all, I’ve enjoyed myself by coming home
in the best and the cosiest housing of the world
with the nicest and finest food and then a drink
at ease and relaxed in my couch by the stove.

© Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

21/10/2014 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Chateau Rouge: Deel 12